2009年10月28日 星期三

Rita Angus- Life and Vision, Auckland Art Gallery, 1, Aug. - 1, Nov., 2009

Rita Angus- Auckland Art Gallery, 30, Aug., 2009

Rita Angus, 12, Mar., 1908 ~ Jan., 1970, New Zealand painter, is well known for her portraits and landscapes.

Her drawing with the combining aspects of her western heritage. She painted as she wished.
' Everything I paint has the sense of being alive', ' My pacifism and my painting are all closely linked.', 'In my will to work is my will to live'-said by Angus.
For Angus, art was often a very private activity. She contributed all her life to serve the arts. She is also a keen gardener. I was attracted by her delicated water color drawing. A series of irises, the flowing texture with fine details on the petals. The variations of heart-touching color changings. Her drawing(Iris) presents the elegance and beauty interested in Iris history symbols in arts and leterature. Traditionally, the Iris is associated with faith, wisdom and courage. She grew irises at her Clinton home and painted them many times. To create this watercolour, she carefully observed them from bud to bloom, paying attention to the texture of petals as they caught light. For me, Iris is also one of my favourite flowers. I once tried to paint iris into porcelain. A porcelain painting can be removed or corrected if any errors on the plate before firing. I admire Angus drawing skills, the composition, the light catching and the gesture of lines, water color drawing is absolutely more challenging.

沒有留言:

張貼留言